Accessible Dreams is dedicated to increasing the awareness of people-first language and assisting in avoiding negative (and positive!) stigmas when communicating stories about people with disabilities.
Journalists, photographers, bloggers, and editors are in a unique position to shape the public image of people with disabilities.Feel free to download these helpful resources:
- Disability Language Style Guide (PDF)
- Guidelines: How to Write & Report About People with Disabilities (HTML) / (PDF)
- Beyond the AP Stylebook: Language and Usage Guide for Reporters and Editors
- People-first Language
Accessible Dreams in the News
* Kelley Frye article link???
* IP1 Open House article link???